2017-18 Registration for the Pre-K programs (Half day and Full Day Grant program) will be
Tuesday, April 25 4pm-7pm
Wednesday, April 26 9:30am-3pm
Tursday, April 27 9:30 am-3pm
Students must be 4 years of age on or before October 1, 2017.
Parents must stop and pick up a registration packet at the Registration Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a packet.
-proof of residency in Hamilton Township
-2 forms of ID for the parent (that matches the address of residency)
-original birth certificate for child
-completed physical examination for child
-complete immunization record for child
QUESTIONS??? Call 609-476-6147
Welcome to Hamilton Township School District’s
Full Day Preschool Program
Thank you for visiting our website!
We are pleased to announce that Hamilton Township was selected to receive a federal grant to provide a quality preschool program to grant defined eligible children. The grants, which have been awarded jointly by the U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services are to be renewed annually for up to four years. Grant requirements specify that the district must serve those eligible students who are below 200% of the poverty level.
The funding through the Preschool Development Grant will help more private preschool programs hire certified teachers, implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum, provide coaches to support preschool educators to work with children with disabilities and English language learners, and reduce class size.
Hamilton Township School District is excited to be partnering with Gateway Head Start at ACCC for our full day preschool program. Three classes will be held at Gateway and three classes will be held at the Shaner School. Class sizes will be limited to 15 students, which will be supported by a classroom teacher, as well as a paraprofessional. This program allows for students with disabilities to work alongside typically developing peers in an environment which encourages positive social interaction and skill development.
Mrs. Laurie Derringer, our master teacher, will provide consultation and feedback to the teachers in all four classrooms, in addition to providing professional development training and coaching, particularly with Creative Curriculum, which will be implemented at each site.
Please know that I value your input on all matters related to your child’s education and encourage you to call or email if you have a question, concern or idea that you’d like to share. By working together, we can ensure that your child is successful, productive and happy in school. This is sure to be an exciting year for you and your child, and we look forward to a great year with much enthusiasm!
The Preschool Curriculum is based on the belief that young children, regardless of background and abilities, can be nurtured and challenged in an atmosphere that provides structure and routine, offers enriching, creative and developmentally appropriate activities, fosters a warm, social, and accepting environment, and promotes parent involvement. All children will engage in “typical” childhood routines, activities, and behaviors while addressing individual variations and making accommodations/modifications when necessary.
WE BELIEVE OUR CHILDREN LEARN BEST WHEN…
· Placed in a secure, rich learning environment in which they are respected and challenged as individuals
· Space is provided for individual, small and large group activities in view of an adult (learning centers)
· Given the appropriate tools
· Provided a daily routine that encourages children to make choices and includes activities that meet the individual needs of all children.
WE BELIEVE THE ROLE OF THE STAFF IS…
· To advocate for the development of the whole child by recognizing and nurturing their potential and individuality.
· To participate in ongoing professional development and collaborate with colleagues.
· Consult with the Master teacher on a regular basis
· Maintain the highest level of professionalism
WE BELIEVE THE ROLE OF THE PARENT/COMMUNITY IS…
· To work in partnership with the district, as parent involvement is vital to the success of the program.
· To be a positive role model and resource
· To participate in parental outreach opportunities, such as parent workshops, meetings with the family worker, special classroom events, etc…
Important Preschool Links
Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards:
New Jersey Administrative Code: 6A:13A, Elements of High Quality Preschool Programs: